WOW... Lots of good coffee reading this morning! Thanks..
1) Coffee good job, wow. I can not believe how stupid some people can be. I keep wondering why we need a law saying "no texting while driving" Shouldn't that be common sense? I am so glad the baby is safe. I kind of hope the mother is bruised and sore for a week or two so she maybe learns something from this....(I know that is not nice, but Ivie did say I was mean the other day)
2) Coffee again, WOW what a coop. You are welcome to come over here and work on my coops any time you want. My birds would fight yours over a coop like that. BTW Porter is ready to leave here. He is mad at me again. I had to lock him in a dog kennel yesterday with 2 other Toms. (The big dog kennel with 7-8 foot chain link fencing. It is actually a double kennel so they are not crowded) They were bothering my breeding Toms so they would not take care of their girls. Judy did not think they would stay in the kennel because there is no cover over it and they could fly right out the top. I counted on them being too dumb to figure that out. I was right they stayed in all day! Hopefully I had babies made yesterday.
What day do you want me to bring Porter over to you?
3) Everyone on egg production. I beat you all I got 3 eggs from one rooster yesterday!
4)Holm sorry for the loss of the cow? Was she on wet clover pasture? Do you have the double stiletto for poking them? We had one when I was a kid. When the bloat started and you poked them the gas stunk so bad. But between that and getting them up helped.
5) I am an idiot. I changed the cages yesterday for the chicks. Last Night Igor was standing in his cage protesting and not happy. I thought he wanted to be held, but that did not make him happy either, then I saw his heating pad had shut itself off. I forgot to set the override. The worse part is I did the same on the other cage with the young chicks in it too. (I must need more Adderall if I am forgetting that!) They were huddled under the pad this morning so hopefully they are all ok. I hope it is no worse under that pad than in a box being shipped for 2 days.
6) Drumstick Diva Welcome to Surviving MN!
7) I had to kick a turkey hem off a nest last night. She let me reach under her and grab the eggs, she just stood up a little, so she is not broody yet, but I am worrying she wants to go broody. It is my only Blue so I need her to lay eggs and NOT go broody right now. I have orders for some black poults and only 25% of hers will be black. Breaking a turkey of being broody is hard to do. They beat the crap out of you when you try to move them. (ask Holm) and they really want to be broody. I would hate to have to put her in Gitmo, I will lose two weeks worth of eggs from her if I do and risk a broken nose.