Hello, I was recently looking at hatching eggs for chickens and I had an idea, and wondered if I could get 2 peas, a cock and a hen, but I know nothing about them, I'm a chicken person, and was hoping someone could help educate me.
AGAIN, please don't laugh!
if someone came along asking these questions about chickens I'd chuckle too..! Thanks.
1. can peas be kept with chickens? would the male beat up my 2 roosters? one is a silkie and the other a sultan, only 7 months old and very wimpy.
2. how many is a minimum for peas? if only 2, would the hen be overbred? is it advisable to keep only one?
3. are they aggressive? males especially.
4. how big do they get?
5. how much can they fly? would my 5 foot-ish fence keep them in?
6. what are some common problems with peas? I'm pretty much good with chicken vet care, but I'm afraid i'd not know enough about peas to care for them properly.
7. what is the reccomended feed? can they eat chicken food, layer pellets?
8. what is the average price range for a pea? not a fancy breed, a mix would be fine too.
10. is it even a good idea for me to consider this?? is there something I'm forgetting? I probably have more questions, just can't think of them right now....
11. do they roost? would they sleep in a chicken coop??
this must sound pretty silly to those of you who are experienced, but i'm curious about them and would like to learn more.