BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › What Breed Or Gender is This? › What breed is Flo? Her previous owner suggested she's a combination.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What breed is Flo? Her previous owner suggested she's a combination.

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Thank you for the expertise. Flo's previous owner said she was a couple of Chinese breeds but I didn't write them down. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 9

She looks like a blue Marans with her white skin, feathered legs, and single comb.

post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebuggena View Post
 

She looks like a blue Marans with her white skin, feathered legs, and single comb.

x2

Breeder of Dutch bantams, Wyandotte bantams, and a few exhibition rabbits.

Feel free to ask me questions about chicken and rabbit care, breeds, and showing! I'm always happy to help!

 

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts."

--William Shakespeare

Reply

Breeder of Dutch bantams, Wyandotte bantams, and a few exhibition rabbits.

Feel free to ask me questions about chicken and rabbit care, breeds, and showing! I'm always happy to help!

 

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts."

--William Shakespeare

Reply
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneHen View Post
 

Thank you for the expertise. Flo's previous owner said she was a couple of Chinese breeds but I didn't write them down. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My marans have a different type comb, but she could pass for twins with some of my olive eggers (Cream legbar X blue splash marans.).  That would also make yours a mix of two breeds.


Edited by dekel18042 - 12/5/15 at 4:12pm
post #5 of 9

I am thinking a blue marans with her light skin, single comb, body type, and leg feathering.

 

   40 waxing and waning free-range birds.
 I truly love animals, both male and female, large and small, regardless of how important humans may shallowly deem them.
I will always miss my Dovey Love.
 
 
 
Reply

 

   40 waxing and waning free-range birds.
 I truly love animals, both male and female, large and small, regardless of how important humans may shallowly deem them.
I will always miss my Dovey Love.
 
 
 
Reply
post #6 of 9

Blue Marans  -  she is very pretty

                                         Please visit  "Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN"pop.gif

                                                           Movie  reviews    & comments -   welcome                                                 

Reply

                                         Please visit  "Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN"pop.gif

                                                           Movie  reviews    & comments -   welcome                                                 

Reply
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 

Thank you all! It would have taken forever or never for me to figure it out because I have zero knowledge. Sounds unanimous. 

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekel18042 View Post
 

My marans have a different type comb, but she could pass for twins with some of my olive eggers (Cream legbar X blue splash marans.).  That would also make yours a mix of two breeds.


Marans are supposed to have a straight comb, as this bird does. If your birds have a different comb, they're likely crossed with something else.

I agree this bird looks like a Marans. Is she laying? What color are her eggs?

Rachel BB

Stem cell transplant from unrelated donor in Feb 2015. Thank you to all my friends here on BYC for all your support during my treatment and ongoing recovery!

Reply

Rachel BB

Stem cell transplant from unrelated donor in Feb 2015. Thank you to all my friends here on BYC for all your support during my treatment and ongoing recovery!

Reply
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by donrae View Post
 


Marans are supposed to have a straight comb, as this bird does. If your birds have a different comb, they're likely crossed with something else.

I agree this bird looks like a Marans. Is she laying? What color are her eggs?


X2 on donrae's post.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: What Breed Or Gender is This?
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › What Breed Or Gender is This? › What breed is Flo? Her previous owner suggested she's a combination.