1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
5 month old EE, very underweight, small
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
Bird is lethargic, sleeps most of the day, doesn't eat much, losing weight
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
At least 1 month
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
The bird has a case of depluming mite and is one of the only ones not to recover yet. I believe this reflects her weakened state but is not the cause, as her symptoms are not that bad and I don't see much feather pulling.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
Yes, I have seen her peck at the feed but she has not been filling her crop all of the way.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
Normal but green from not eating enough.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
Ivermectin and sulfur shampoo for depluming mite, salt water bath and blow-dry, force feed scrambled egg
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
Treat at home
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
She is very thin and stays hunched up. If you need a picture let me know.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
Sand floor run, attached coop. Fully enclosed, no free range. Plenty of wind and rain cover. Bird is currently inside for monitoring and force feeding.
I have an Easter Egger named Goldilocks who has not been especially healthy since I got her 2 months ago. As of a few weeks ago I kept her inside since she was not as healthy as the rest. At that time, she had a strange behavior of drinking lots and lots of water and spitting it up when she would bend for her food, get excited, or get picked up. When I withheld food for 24 hours she stopped drinking so much water, but started drinking again with eating. I thought she might be egg bound and gave her baths and massages, but that was not the case. I thought she was getting better and put her outside, but clearly she wasn't as I picked her up today and felt that she is skin and bone. I have put scrambled egg in her mouth for her to eat and filled her crop now, but she is not very interested in food or water. She mostly wants to sleep. It is strange because she has been lethargic for weeks now and held on, but I can't find symptoms of an underlying disease. She is not sneezing, her crop seems fine, she hasn't been attacked, the other chickens leave her alone. Please help. I feel so guilty letting her get this thin. I don't know how to perk her up and cure her. Thank you for your help.