For those that run electricity to your coop, do you use an extension cord and power strip/timer etc? or is your coop wired itself?
mine is run with an extension cord to the main house and have a timer and power strip in the coop out of the way that feeds my lamp and water heater .... I plan to acquire some sort of waterproof/weatherproof box to house the strip and timer to further protect it.
my water heater is DIY from an old lamp socket on a cord in a metal tin ... ( I read on BYC a tutorial on this type of homemade heater) and one trouble lamp with a 100 watt incandescent bulb ..
I have had this set up going now for a month without problems ... until yesterday
it had rained all day and everything outside was very wet and damp .... the breaker kept getting thrown and nothing new was added to the current load so I am not sure why it kept throwing ... since yesterday afternoon, it is running as normal (I did unplug some items from another outlet that are on the same current load but were plugged in all month long without incident)
i guess i am puzzled as to what was making it throw a breaker all of a sudden and then stop and work as normal...
any suggestions? i have a few ideas but want to hear opinions