Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breeds
Related Forum Threads
- Production Reds Last post on 5/19/13 at 12:21pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on Yesterday at 11:51 am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection Last post on Yesterday at 11:10 pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- What does the Game in gamefowl mean? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:24pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- New Project! NN Sumatras Last post on 5/14/13 at 9:21am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
Edited on 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
I will start by saying that I love Australorps. In fact, my very favorite hen is an Australorp. She is such a sweet chicken and just let's you walk right up to her to pick her up. She doesn't run...
I couldn't get this thing to stop leaking. I even tested it by putting it on a flat concrete surface and it still leaked out the entire 2 gallons. Tried hanging it, tried sitting it on the...
seem like a good breed, if i had the room i would probably raise a batch of them they seem like they would be a good 4h starter show bird...considering i dont see many of this breed in my class...
its a feed scooper it cant be perfect but over all when every thing is said an done i love mine its great its starting to show a little wear an tear but its to be expected i have had it for 4...
I have one silkie. From the time we got her, she layed 3 eggs a week and was so sweet and friendly! Then, she went broody 3 times in a row But she came back to us just as friendly as the first...
- Standard Large Fowl Breeds
Show Off Your Games! - Page 375
Yes, they are PR Asil.
If she carries the dun gene she'd show it, and look like an odd brownish blue, which then her chick would look identical to her. If not, that's just a light blue. It appears from here that it has a brown cast to it, but, you'd be the better judge. Very neat looking chicks though. Are they Oriental x American?
Araucanas, Polish, Shamos
Araucanas, Polish, Shamos
Gypsy faced BBred? I've never seen one truthfully. Gypsy faced brown reds? It could be one of probably hundreds.
Fourth generation poultry breeder focusing on Kraienköppe- the breed that won my heart and replaced all others on my farm.
No matter how hard things get, always fight for what you believe in- Daniel
I couldn't pin point a specific strain that would hold true to these characteristics, probably a mix of strains.
I had a black roundhead hen bred to a BBR cock that produced stags similar to what you're describing. Gypsy faced, black legged, BBRs.
But out of this same mating a brown red looking stag emerged, also gypsy faced. I'm taking a wild guess and leaning toward a brown red cross.
Some strains like Leipers and McCleans (which have brown red in them) are known to have a black ring around the eyes giving the appearance of being dark in the face. But not gypsy.
- Show Off Your Games!
- › American serama thread! 4 seconds ago
- › how can you tell the gender of a chicken? 23 seconds ago
- › Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD! 37 seconds ago
- › For $10 Would You...... 48 seconds ago
- › Dirty Butt's 50 seconds ago
- › 2 week old "Mother Hen " 55 seconds ago
- › ~ Feathers, Talons and Falcons ~ Birds Of Prey - RP - please... 1 minute ago
- › Muscovy keepers share your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed 1 minute ago
- › Easy question about duck feed! 1 minute ago
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Leghorn by DavidKerk
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah
- › And it's DONE! by PatQ