At this point I have texted the seller is we can return them. We will clean the coop and run and wait 30 days before getting a new flock for the family. Me, wife and 3 little girls are all dry anxious to enjoy chickens but I feel we may have been sold sick chickens either with or without this being known. Now we are unsure of what to do.
We are now thinking of returning if possible ($50) and getting new borns, just over the age of needing the heat lamp.
Thoughts? Ideally we want to keep them in their coop and run (20ft x 6ft) all the time except a couple times a week to let them run around the back yard. We do not have much knowledge and would like to just feed, water, clean up and enjoy them.
Please let me know what we should do. Again, we do not want sick chickens and have to go through the doctoring every few months and be stressed out and then they may not even lay eggs for us. We just want to enjoy these girls!!!