BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures › Consumed Blu Kote!? Will she be okay?!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Consumed Blu Kote!? Will she be okay?!?

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 
I made a terrible mistake.
My BO pullet (hatched last May) is at the bottom of the pecking order. Today I saw that her comb had been pecked. I cleaned it and put Blu Kote on it --not even stopping to think about the fact that it would get into her nose and mouth! I only used one dab, but it seems to be enough that she sneezed a few times and expelled some. Her tongue also had some on it.
What should I do? Did I just poison my hen?!? I can't imagine it could be that poisonous...but is there anything I can do?!?
post #2 of 2

I think she will be fine, from the ingredients it looks like a bird would actually have to consume a decent amount to have any serious effects.   I think I'd be more concerned about making sure it did not get into her eyes.

wife to long suffering husband who has built more miles of fence, barns, coops and enclosures then one man should have to, two teenage boys, current flock of 13 assorted hens, 1 big red roo and a list of other assorted farm animals. 
Reply
wife to long suffering husband who has built more miles of fence, barns, coops and enclosures then one man should have to, two teenage boys, current flock of 13 assorted hens, 1 big red roo and a list of other assorted farm animals. 
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures › Consumed Blu Kote!? Will she be okay?!?