New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nasty eye infection (pics) - Page 5

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by campingshaws View Post

I'm going to be honest: I didn't call any vets today. She's not a $25 hen, so I either need to treat with what I have or something that's super cheap/OTC. I flushed with saline before and after. Should I start the oral tylan and hope for the best? Just dab it with the trip-antibacterial ointment I have?

Hey, it's okay. No harm in try oral Tylan and ointment.. BTW, excellent job!

 

-Kathy

post #42 of 49

I seen this before on the net

But I cant recollect what they did

Looks almost like a Lash egg, only smaller

Insane.
Reply
Insane.
Reply
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by campingshaws View Post

I'm going to be honest: I didn't call any vets today. She's not a $25 hen, so I either need to treat with what I have or something that's super cheap/OTC. I flushed with saline before and after. Should I start the oral tylan and hope for the best? Just dab it with the trip-antibacterial ointment I have?

 

Make sure the trip ointment does not have pain reliever in it for use in the eye.

NPIP # KS-412

Black Copper Marans, Easter Eggers, Mutts, ducks, and PEAFOWL!!!  India Blue, IB White Eye, IB Pied WE split Cameo, IB Silver Pied, IBBS, IBBS split Cameo, IBBS Pied, IBBS WE, Cameo, CBS (Oaten), Cameo Pied, CPWE, CSP, and Purple Black Shoulder. African Gray Parrots, a bunch of those dang guineas.  Oh, and honeybees, around 200 hives.  And two Great Pyrenees puppies.

Reply
NPIP # KS-412

Black Copper Marans, Easter Eggers, Mutts, ducks, and PEAFOWL!!!  India Blue, IB White Eye, IB Pied WE split Cameo, IB Silver Pied, IBBS, IBBS split Cameo, IBBS Pied, IBBS WE, Cameo, CBS (Oaten), Cameo Pied, CPWE, CSP, and Purple Black Shoulder. African Gray Parrots, a bunch of those dang guineas.  Oh, and honeybees, around 200 hives.  And two Great Pyrenees puppies.

Reply
post #44 of 49
Thread Starter 


Soot after 48 hours. I think I'll return her to the flock tomorrow. I'll trim those gunky feathers.
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by campingshaws View Post



Soot after 48 hours. I think I'll return her to the flock tomorrow. I'll trim those gunky feathers.

She look so much better!

 

-Kathy

post #46 of 49
Thread Starter 
Here is Soot a week after treatment!



Before and after:

There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
post #47 of 49
Looks great! You should write an article about how you treatd her and enter the article writing contest.

-Kathy
post #48 of 49
She looks amazing!
post #49 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by casportpony View Post

Looks great! You should write an article about how you treatd her and enter the article writing contest.

-Kathy

Well other than the removal, I didn't really do much... hide.gif I try to intervene as little as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksFarmNGardn View Post

She looks amazing!

Thanks! She's very happy, too. smile.png
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home