New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OLD FOOD

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 

I filled my feeder (4in PVC with holes) 4 days ago and still have some feed in it.  Should I keep adding feed?  Leave what is there until they eat it?  Dump it out and not put so much in next time?  It is dry and they seem to be still eating it.

post #2 of 3

No worries, add more.  It's not old.  If it gets wet or moldy throw it out.  You don't want the chickens to eat moldy feed. 

"When raising chickens you must think like a chicken...NOT like a human!"

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies-diseases-injuries-before-they-happen 

 

Reply

"When raising chickens you must think like a chicken...NOT like a human!"

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies-diseases-injuries-before-they-happen 

 

Reply
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 

Thanks, appreciate the answer.

Cork

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feeding & Watering Your Flock