Originally Posted by farmerbrowne
do you mean burn a candle inside the feed to suck up oxygen????
Yes, to me it's an obvious way to nuke absolutely everything in the bin in a way that will not kill me or the chickens. I mean, seriously if you spray any poison in or around your property it gets into you as surely as using it as a mouth freshener. It can 'say' it is safe, but don't they all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBsvVg5qg7k
So most critters need oxygen, so I'm going to leave a candle in a bottle and a box of matches in the feed bin at all times so that every time I go to close it up I will light the candle first and then close the lid.
If it doesn't kill them, it's sure going to annoy the living daylights out of them.