BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Guinea Fowl › With help we made our coop for $30!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

With help we made our coop for $30!

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
My father in law had a huge pile of used lumber dropped off at his house and called to ask if we wanted to come look and see if we could make anything with it...we made a coop! The only new lumber used was for the rafters and molding big_smile.png everything else including the feeder box and their roost rack and windows are reclaimed big_smile.png
post #2 of 9
Thread Starter 
post #3 of 9

Nice Job! :clap

May the Sun always Shine on Your Parade!
Reply
May the Sun always Shine on Your Parade!
Reply
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by guineagirl0124 View Post

My father in law had a huge pile of used lumber dropped off at his house and called to ask if we wanted to come look and see if we could make anything with it...we made a coop! The only new lumber used was for the rafters and molding big_smile.png everything else including the feeder box and their roost rack and windows are reclaimed big_smile.png

 

 

I could tell you out classed me when you said "moulding"  my birds have never seen that. Nice coop, and I thought I was doing good making breeding coops for under $100.  Super job good way to stretch the nickels!


Edited by duluthralphie - 1/16/16 at 11:33am
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
duluthralphie my father in law did it as a surprise big_smile.png my mother in law and I are by no means carpenters\contractors. I legit said "oh this looks long enough just cut the rest this size and we are good". The molding covers up all our boo boos big_smile.png
It was a blast\nightmare to build big_smile.png
It definitely would have a cost a ton more if my MIL did have the windows and my FIL didn't have some extra lumber, floor brackets, and the tin for the roof.
It is by no means a high class coup but my guineas love it big_smile.png
In the spring I'm planning on trying to build another one, because I'm dying to get my egg layers big_smile.png
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by guineagirl0124 View Post

duluthralphie my father in law did it as a surprise big_smile.png my mother in law and I are by no means carpenters\contractors. I legit said "oh this looks long enough just cut the rest this size and we are good". The molding covers up all our boo boos big_smile.png
It was a blast\nightmare to build big_smile.png
It definitely would have a cost a ton more if my MIL did have the windows and my FIL didn't have some extra lumber, floor brackets, and the tin for the roof.
It is by no means a high class coup but my guineas love it big_smile.png
In the spring I'm planning on trying to build another one, because I'm dying to get my egg layers big_smile.png

 

 

Another Guinea lover!!  We are so rare.

 

Good luck on them. 

post #7 of 9

Very cool!  I am totally impressed!

 

Did the windows come from an RV?

post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAnzaJig View Post

Very cool!  I am totally impressed!

Did the windows come from an RV?

They totally did,my mother in law saved them when she ripped down an old tagalog big_smile.png
post #9 of 9
That is very cool. I have some old windows from my parents house in my coop. smile.png
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Guinea Fowl
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Guinea Fowl › With help we made our coop for $30!