As some of you know I set 2 dozen EE eggs last Tuesday since they were shipped earlier then expected and had some pretty awful air cells. They rested for 36 hours before going into the incubator, and they incubated without turning for the first three days. After those three days, most of the saddle shaped air cells repaired themselves and even two of the free moving air cells seemed to heal, so I started turning the eggs by hand three times a day. They are upright in egg cartons, so I just tilt the cartons back and forth. Here are the results with some pictures! (I apologize for picture quality, eggs do not show up well on either my phone camera or my real camera)
6 of the eggs are 100% clear and empty, no blood ring and no development. Five of these are eggs are those that arrived with freely moving air cells and one is an egg that arrived with a saddle shaped air cell, so I'm not sure if it was the damage to the air cells that prevented any sort of development or if these eggs were just infertile to begin with. Here's a picture of one of the completely clear eggs.
7 of the eggs contained blood rings. All of them are eggs that either had a freely moving air cell or saddle shaped air cell. One of the them was also one of the two cracked eggs I repaired with clear nail polish. Here are some different pictures of the eggs with blood rings.
And 11 of the eggs are developing! I'm actually surprised that this many are growing at all, given they arrived in such bad shape. One of these eggs is a cracked egg I repaired with clear nail polish and another is an egg that had "stress cracks" inside of the egg (only visible when candling). Two of these eggs had what I would call acceptable air cells (including the cracked one...) and the other nine all had saddle shaped air cells when they arrived. Here are a couple pics of one of the fertile eggs, as well as a quick video of one of the little swimmers!
Now I'm looking forward to Friday so I can candle my 41 HAL eggs to see if they're doing any better!