--- NOMINATION SUBMISSION FORM ---
We are very excited to announce the Official Launch of Phase 2 of the BYC Award Program! Phase 2 is YOUR opportunity to recognize those outstanding BYC members that always enrich your BYC experience. Do you know a BYC member that is exceptional and always goes Above and Beyond in their commitment to their fellow BYC members and the BYC community? If so, we want to hear about them!
We are now accepting nominations from the Community for those individual Members that consistently demonstrate a commitment to excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- BYC Educator: This is a Staff awarded accolade. We have changed this award to reflect only the highest standards. Only those who adhere to the highest standards of knowledge and education will be considered for this award. While nominations will be accepted for this award, the Staff will thoroughly vet each person and only those who meet/exceed the Staff's high criteria will be awarded the Educator Badge. Nominees must, among other points, have a verifiable reputation of providing information more than just "common knowledge," assist members in a positive and courteous manner, be open to feedback without getting defensive, and should maintain their good standing with little disciplinary action for rules violation.
- BYC Friend: These individuals are just plain fun and great to have around! They are our favorite comedians and enablers; our most cluckative. They are always accessible to lend a cordial and helping hand. Their enthusiasm encourages us, their empathy comforts us.
- BYC Spirit: These individuals best demonstrate ALL-AROUND outstanding service and commitment to the BYC members and community. While maybe not expert educators, they are trusted Educators nonetheless, as well as Friends to all. They are dedicated to the BYC Community as a whole, and strive to help promote, support and uphold its values and goals.
- BYC Greeter: These individuals are our BYC "Welcome Wagon!" They are the members that are most active in welcoming the new members to our community, especially in the "New Member Introductions" forum. Nominees will be judged on a) How long they've been welcoming new members; b) How many new members they welcome; and c) The quality and friendliness of their welcome.
See all the awards here.
Nomination & Award Process:
- Use this Nomination Submission Form to make your nomination, and be sure to include a brief comment on why you are nominating the individual. Nominations with no comment and only a name cannot be accepted.
- Members may place in nomination a maximum of four (4) members per month; however, you may nominate only one (1) member per award category per month.
- Nominations are automatically forwarded to the BYC Awards Committee. They will validate and tabulate all nominations.
- Member must be active and in good standing in the BYC community to receive and/or retain awards.
- Members may be nominated for, and be awarded, in more than one award category; eligibility requirements must be met for each individual award.
- Members may not nominate themselves for any award; all self-nominations will be voided.
- Qualified Awardees will be announced quarterly and Badges given.
- The Awards Committee, at its discretion and by majority vote, may elect to reclassify a nomination to a more appropriate award classification.
- All nominations shall remain confidential and known only to the Awards Committee and BYC Staff.
- The Members of the Awards Committee shall remain confidential and known only to BYC Staff.
April, 2011 Winners . . . . . . . . . . Excerpts from April Nominations
May, 2011 Winners
June, 2011 Winners
July, 2011 Winners
August, 2011 Winners
September, 2011 Winners . . . . . . . . . .Excerpts from September Nominations
October, 2011 Winners
November, 2011 Winners . . . . . . . . . . Excerpts from November Nominations
December, 2011 Winners
January, 2012 Winners
February, 2012 Winners
March, 2012 Winners