I know it is "ideal" to use tap water that has been sitting out overnight to de-chlorinate the water. The thing I was thinking about was "why does it matter" if you are fermenting for 5 days anyway?
If I put feed into tap water and stir it daily, by approx 12 hours or so the chlorine will evaporate and the fermentation process will start anyway. Especially since I use a series of buckets and stir the oldest feed daily then use then stir the newest with the same spoon.
Wouldn't this work fine? They natural bacteria and yeast certainly will "spread" through the spoon and the chlorine will be gone wouldn't it?
This is about time for me, as I am filling 2 - 5 gallon buckets of feed a day.