1) What type of bird , age and weight. NAKED NECK, 3 MONTHS OLD
2) What is the behavior, exactly. SUDDEN ONSET OF LOSS OF BALANCE, CAN'T WALK, RUFFLED UP FEATHERS, FALLS DOWN
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? SINCE THIS MORNING
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? NO
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. NO
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. RAIN AND WIND LAST NIGHT
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. ACE-HI 22% CHICK STARTER MASH, WATER
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. RUNNY
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? SEPARATION FROM OTHER HENS, TOWEL TO INCREASE BODY TEMPERATURE
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? TREAT MYSELF
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use. HOUSED WITH 8 OTHER PULLETS IN A CHICKEN RUN.
Last night we had some bad rain and relatively heavy winds, this morning I found one chicken dead and flattened in their boxes and another unable to stand or walk. The dead chicken had been having trouble standing due to developmental issues and I think she may have suffocated under the weight of the other 7 while huddling together last night. Another chicken was found on the ground unable to walk or stand, she was cold so I covered her in a towel and have been unable to find what to do online. Please help.