BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures › Pullet very hard to wake up and when she does, she is limp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pullet very hard to wake up and when she does, she is limp - Page 5

post #41 of 46
Is she walking?
post #42 of 46
Thread Starter 
No, she hasn't stood up in a while. I think I will probably be taking her to the vet sometime soon to be euthanized. She isn't doing good. She hasn't been drinking much so i feel her very moist food scence she is always hungry. And she has been panting a LOT all the time. hit.gif
She is suffering I think it would be the best thing for her 😢
Edited by Winter1 - 2/22/16 at 11:10am
5 chickens, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 5 hermit crabs, 19 fish(betta, mollies, platys, Angel, and koi)
Reply
5 chickens, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 5 hermit crabs, 19 fish(betta, mollies, platys, Angel, and koi)
Reply
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter1 View Post

No, she hasn't stood up in a while. I think I will probably be taking her to the vet sometime soon to be euthanized. She isn't doing good. She hasn't been drinking much so i feel her very moist food scence she is always hungry. And she has been panting a LOT all the time. hit.gif
She is suffering I think it would be the best thing for her 😢

I'm so sorry. You are making the right decision. For you and your hen.

Regards,
Leaf
post #44 of 46
Thread Starter 
So if I am thinking of buying new chicks to add to my small flock should I vaccinate them for mareks? I'm thinking about getting them from tractor supply but I'm not sure if they vaccinate for it. And if they're older chicks that I get is it still ok to vaccinate them?
5 chickens, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 5 hermit crabs, 19 fish(betta, mollies, platys, Angel, and koi)
Reply
5 chickens, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 5 hermit crabs, 19 fish(betta, mollies, platys, Angel, and koi)
Reply
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter1 View Post

So if I am thinking of buying new chicks to add to my small flock should I vaccinate them for mareks? I'm thinking about getting them from tractor supply but I'm not sure if they vaccinate for it. And if they're older chicks that I get is it still ok to vaccinate them?

Definitely vaccinate, though even this isn't 100%. I don't think age matters, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Leaf
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafBlade12345 View Post


Definitely vaccinate, though even this isn't 100%. I don't think age matters, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Leaf


I'd say that if the recommended day of vaccination is stated, but given later, it may not be as effective, but its gotta be worth doing for sure. As Leaf says, vaccinations are not necessarily 100% guaranteed to prevent illness, so you have nothing to lose IMO.

 

CT

Nairobi, Kenya
Reply
Nairobi, Kenya
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures › Pullet very hard to wake up and when she does, she is limp