I have an eight month old hen that is acting lethargic and has respiratory distress. Here are her symptoms:
- She has trouble eating and drinking
- She is slightly lethargic
- She scratches at her throat area a lot (she had a beard but she scratched so much now she does not have one)
- She wipes her head on the ground a lot
- She opens her mouth to breath and makes a little rattly noise
- She sneezes when she gets up or moves around
- She has bad breath
- The rest of the flock seems to be fine
- SHE HAS YELLOW LESIONS IN THE MIDDLE OF HER ESOPHAGUS
- SHE ALSO HAS A LESION ON THE CREVICE OF HER BEAK
- The place where she scratched her beak out is the place where the lesions in her esophagus are
I think she has canker! Diagnosis and help/treatment would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I have her seperated right now and am giving her electrolytes, probiotics and oxytetracycline.
I did start a different thread about this, but the diagnosis has changed so much.........Here is the link to the thread
Edited by LittleBoPeep1 - 2/7/16 at 6:50pm