New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Green egg?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I was candling eggs today (day 14!) And one of the less promising eggs has a greenish tint to it instead of the normal yellow/orange/pinkish glow I'm used to seeing when candling.
Is it bad?
post #2 of 8

It could be bad could you post a picture

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomChickaPop View Post

It could be bad could you post a picture
I wasn't able to get a picture at the time, and so I candled it again to try to get a pic yesterday after work...
Wouldn't you know it looked normal. I'm stumped. I don't know what could have given it a green tint for just one day. Do chicks poop while in the egg?
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesofSable View Post


I wasn't able to get a picture at the time, and so I candled it again to try to get a pic yesterday after work...
Wouldn't you know it looked normal. I'm stumped. I don't know what could have given it a green tint for just one day. Do chicks poop while in the egg?

No chicks do not poop in the egg what day are your eggs at maybe it is a deformation

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomChickaPop View Post

No chicks do not poop in the egg what day are your eggs at maybe it is a deformation
They're at day 17 I think. Lock down starts tomorrow. If it doesn't hatch I'm planning on doing an egg-topsy of all the eggs after day 25, so we'll find out then maybe? I'll post the results either way.

I just don't want it to pop all over my viable eggs, but I also don't want to pull it unless I'm sure it's bad. I'm already down 2/3 of the eggs I put in, so I don't want to pull unless I'm sure.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesofSable View Post


They're at day 17 I think. Lock down starts tomorrow. If it doesn't hatch I'm planning on doing an egg-topsy of all the eggs after day 25, so we'll find out then maybe? I'll post the results either way.

I just don't want it to pop all over my viable eggs, but I also don't want to pull it unless I'm sure it's bad. I'm already down 2/3 of the eggs I put in, so I don't want to pull unless I'm sure.

Does it smell a bad egg will smell really bad.

And they don't explode mine have never exploded when they were rotten while under a broody hen.

post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomChickaPop View Post

Does it smell a bad egg will smell really bad.
And they don't explode mine have never exploded when they were rotten while under a broody hen.

Oh, good. I was really worried about that. Some of the locals have warned me of eggs exploding. No, it doesn't smell at all as far as I can tell, and I'm pretty sensitive to bad smells. No clue why it looked green that one day, and never before or after. None of the other eggs looked green that day or else I would blame the flashlight or something.

Thanks so much for the reassurance! I really appreciate it.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesofSable View Post


Oh, good. I was really worried about that. Some of the locals have warned me of eggs exploding. No, it doesn't smell at all as far as I can tell, and I'm pretty sensitive to bad smells. No clue why it looked green that one day, and never before or after. None of the other eggs looked green that day or else I would blame the flashlight or something.

Thanks so much for the reassurance! I really appreciate it.

Your welcome keep us updated if any hatch

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs