1) As far as I know, backyard chicken, less than 1 yr old, normal weight
2) Not pecking at the ground, just stands still with her head close to her neck, not extended
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Just one day
4) Are other birds exhibiting any symptoms? No
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No
6) We got her and 5 others on Thursday night. Been keeping the two flocks separate for the last couple of days. Yesterday we let them free range together while we supervised. Very little fighting, mostly our rooster meeting all the ladies.
7) She was eating yesterday, layer feed and water. She laid an egg yesterday too. But today I have not seen her eat any feed or even peck at the ground. Although I was unable to watch her every minute of the day. I kept noticing all day that she was alone and standing still
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. not sure
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? Nothing
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? Prefer to treat myself
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. Will try to post a pic
12) using the deep litter method, wood chips and grass clippings, etc.
Thanks for your advice
Edited by cinjoel - 2/8/16 at 3:02pm