BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Ducks › Do you have other pets besides your duck?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you have other pets besides your duck?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone, I love to see pictures of ducks with other pets. I have 4 dogs and one cat! 3 of my dogs are French poodles (small/medium size) and my other dog is a mix (she's adopted) she gets along great with my duck and my cat doesn't hurt my duck either! (don't worry, I never leave them alone while they're in the same room) so I want to see pictures of your pets together and what their named are ūüėä my ducks name is Taiyou which means sun in Japanese! My dogs name is Ginger and my cat mingle (they're all in the picture)

post #2 of 8
I have some pictures of my cat with ducklings at home on my laptop but don't have access to them right now. But in addition to my 13 ducks, I have a dog, three cats and a ferret. Oh, do aquarium fish count? Lol
So this is where my John Hancock goes? Oh wait, John Hancock? Pffft...it's Herbie Hancock ;]
Reply
So this is where my John Hancock goes? Oh wait, John Hancock? Pffft...it's Herbie Hancock ;]
Reply
post #3 of 8

I have a great dane and a doberman in addition to the ducks and chicken. Birds free range and the dogs do as well. Dogs ignore the birds when outside and always have.

post #4 of 8
Mine does as well. He's not exactly a herding dog, but I put him to use when I herd my ducks in their pen. I make him sit by the cage door to keep them from running out lol. It's a lot easier to hers ducks work two people, or your doggie


Here he is with the "evil" cat.



Edited by PotatoWaffles - 2/9/16 at 11:49am
So this is where my John Hancock goes? Oh wait, John Hancock? Pffft...it's Herbie Hancock ;]
Reply
So this is where my John Hancock goes? Oh wait, John Hancock? Pffft...it's Herbie Hancock ;]
Reply
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylife View Post

Hi everyone, I love to see pictures of ducks with other pets. I have 4 dogs and one cat! 3 of my dogs are French poodles (small/medium size) and my other dog is a mix (she's adopted) she gets along great with my duck and my cat doesn't hurt my duck either! (don't worry, I never leave them alone while they're in the same room) so I want to see pictures of your pets together and what their named are ūüėä my ducks name is Taiyou which means sun in Japanese! My dogs name is Ginger and my cat mingle (they're all in the picture)

I can't upload my pictures right now but I can still share. I own 25 Black Australorp chickens, 2 Indian Runner ducks, 4 Border Collies (2 are personally mine), 6 cats, I have 2 Gelbvieh cows and 2 Quarter horse Appaloosa crosses, and 7 peafowl. My cattle and horses are with my dad's and he has a lot more than me.
Edited by Birdrain92 - 2/9/16 at 1:03pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdrain92 View Post

I can't upload my pictures right now but I can still share. I own 25 Black Australorp chickens, 2 Indian Runner ducks, 4 Border Collies (2 are personally mine), 6 cats, I have 2 Gelbvieh cows and 2 Quarter horse Appaloosa crosses, and 7 peafowl. My cattle and horses are with my dad's and he has a lot more than me.

Okay you win, lol wink.png how do you have time to tend to so many animals?? With my full time job And taking care of all my animals I feel like I barely have any free time sad.png
So this is where my John Hancock goes? Oh wait, John Hancock? Pffft...it's Herbie Hancock ;]
Reply
So this is where my John Hancock goes? Oh wait, John Hancock? Pffft...it's Herbie Hancock ;]
Reply
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoWaffles View Post


Okay you win, lol wink.png how do you have time to tend to so many animals?? With my full time job And taking care of all my animals I feel like I barely have any free time sad.png

 

They are my free time I guess and my job. I enjoy being with them. I'm a senior in high school and the Treasure of the Nampa FFA Chapter. I will be going away though for college and will only be able to visit my animals in the summer and Christmas break. Here are some pictures. I don't really have any pictures of my cats since they are rarely all together.

 Here are my Fawn & White Indian Runners.

 

 My adult Indian Blue peacock

 

 My young White peacock. This fall he will molt these feathers and get large white feathers.

 

 My male dancing for his hen.

 

 Earlier this winter. Some of the peafowl behind him.

 

 My Indian Blue peahen.

 

 2/3 of my White peafowl. I have 1 White peacock and 2 White peahens. Then my Indian Blue Black Shoulder peahen in the middle and my Spalding Split to White peahen up front.

 My White peacock in front and my other White peahen in back.

 

 

 My Black Australorp rooster.

 

 My Black Australorp pullets.

 

 

 

 

 My mare Ima Tiger Shadow.

 

 My colt Gunsmoke.

 

 

 My Red Border Collie female Mocha.

 

 My male Black Border Collie Shadow.

 

 All 4 of the Border Collies.

post #8 of 8

Here are my cows. Granites Promise and Surprise. Surprise got her name because Granite gave birth to her when she was 15 months old.

 Here's Surprise

 

 Here's Granites Promise

 

 Granites Promise

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ducks
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Ducks › Do you have other pets besides your duck?