BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › I saw a couple of babies jumping around in some of my eggs, but..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I saw a couple of babies jumping around in some of my eggs, but..

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
It looks like the pointy end is where the air sacs are at. I thought the clear parts would be at the fat top end. The babies are floating around near the fat end and the pointy parts are clear. Is the clear part something besides the air sac? I'm at day 7 in a Farm Innovator with forced air and a turner.
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabinal View Post

It looks like the pointy end is where the air sacs are at. I thought the clear parts would be at the fat top end. The babies are floating around near the fat end and the pointy parts are clear. Is the clear part something besides the air sac? I'm at day 7 in a Farm Innovator with forced air and a turner.

Are you candling down into the egg from the fatter round end?  If you candle from the side or bottom, it will throw everything off. If you candle from  the air cell end it will put everything in perspective and you should easily see the air cell. The clear under and around the embryo is the albumen.

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
I did it by laying the egg flat like it would lay in the nest on top of the light. I will shine the light in from the fat end this weekend since I didn't finish tonight. Thank you.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabinal View Post

I did it by laying the egg flat like it would lay in the nest on top of the light. I will shine the light in from the fat end this weekend since I didn't finish tonight. Thank you.

:thumbsup

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
I couldn't wait this morning and pulled one out to check. Everything was just like it was supposed to be. Little baby was doing flips in there. Thanks!
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabinal View Post

I couldn't wait this morning and pulled one out to check. Everything was just like it was supposed to be. Little baby was doing flips in there. Thanks!

Awesome! Good luck with your hatch!

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › I saw a couple of babies jumping around in some of my eggs, but..