Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374
You should see the imbalence I've been having with mine. I actually got the eggs balanced out in there last night so the areas of the bator are all running about the same now. Started with all three the same, then when I laid the silkie eggs down everything was out of whack. One side hotter than the other, the top of one side warmer than the bottom. None of the therms reading the same. I shifted the eggs around and balanced the mass more proportionately and we are back to all three therms reading within tenths and right where I need it-for the most part...lol
At this point it appears that I have development in 14/18 of ruby's silkie eggs, 2 that never started and 2 that quite w/in 24 hours of forming the first veins. I want to get a good pic, but haven't been able to. All 9 of the Spitz were developng and can't see in the greens.
I am worried about the greens. The greens are big....jumbo sized big. I wasn't thinking when I decided to add them. Well, when I collected them, I didn't realize that ruby's silky eggs were so small...lol (My son says to me, mom, they look like banty eggs...lol I had to explain they actually are. Our silkie eggs aren't that small.) Anyhow, I am keepig the humidity up higher than my norm because the silky eggs' air cells were growing fast and half of my Spitz were already getting there because the oldest waas 10 days. But the greens are sooo big that I'm afraid they wont loose enough. Originally I had planned to do the greens at the end of May or June, but without thinking I decided to add 3 days worth with these guys. I guess we'll see what happens.
I'm so torn on what to do with my staggered hatch! I went looking for another bator to use as a hatcher (after testing the new FI still-air styro and not liking the results!), but couldn't find one locally, and I'm almost out of time. So I kept the FI and I'm going to try to get it stabilized with water this evening, to try to use as a hatcher. But it scares the crap outta me.
I have 2 good lav orp eggs and 7 tiny golden sebright eggs, and 4 old English game bantam eggs on day 17 today. Then last Monday, I added 6 more lav orps, and 4 mutts (light brahma over golden comet). Looks like all 4 of the mutts are developing, and at least 4 of the LO's, so I don't want to lose them. I could put them in the styro, just until the others hatch in the Brinsea, then move them back, but I think I'd rather hatch in the styro.
So with that few eggs, if I decide to hatch in the styro, should I concentrate them in the center square, or scatter them out?