Originally Posted by quackshack74
Day 26 here, cant wait till the hatch us actually in progress. my temperature got up to 101 F while i was at work.
My house is very dry here so I'm still misting a couple times a day, & there's a cup with wet spinge in incubator of course.
I did this last summer too, but since tgevotger egg quit on me 2 weeks in, I'm a mess this time.
What are thechances of this eggy not making it?
It looked nice last night at last candling. ♡
I'm new to this, but from my experience with the disaster my first hatch went through, I bet you are fine. Out of 9 eggs that I started with I am down to 4, one of which has already hatched and 2 more that are pipped. Throughout the first 10 days I had temp fluctuations that ranged from 96-106 degrees thanks to my cruddy FI incubator. I lost 3 during that crazy period. I then managed to get a rock solid Lyon Incubator that has held the temp exactly where I set it for almost 3 weeks now and on day 10 I put the remaining 6 eggs in. Of those 6, two more quit on me a few days ago. So, all together if the other 3 eggs hatch, I still had a pretty good hatch rate considering how much stress they were subjected to early on.
Plus, I am now using that FI incubator to hatch cos I don't have room for them anywhere else. My temp has consistently ran 101-102 in a spot in the incubator that the duckling that hatched was sitting, and then found a cold spot of 94.3 where one of the pipped eggs is sitting, yet they havn't died yet, even though they've been in there for a couple days. My guess is that you still have a pretty good chance that the egg never even noticed the temp change and will hatch just fine. Those chicks seem to be a lot tougher than I thought they were thanks to all the scary stuff ya read about happening to them on the internet, lol.