Ok, I can't wait anymore, I'm asking for help.
Backstory: My Roo passed away, I was so upset I tried getting my hen to go broody so I could have a couple of his off spring. After a week of the hen refusing to go broody, I didn't want to lose the fertile eggs so I rushed out to Tractor Supply, bought an incubator and put the eggs in as outlined in the instructions. I was emotionally driven but didn't have much hope since they were laid after his death and sat in a nest box for a week but when I candled them, several had growing babies!!
Yesterday was day 18 so I decided to candle before I put them on lockdown when I noticed one had internally pipped and another had externally pipped! Oh god it's scared me bc I know it's too early. Well I can home last night and the one that externally pipped made very little progress and the internal pipped had made a hole.
As of this morning it's been 22 hours since the first pip and it has hardly any progress. It's still alive, it responds to questions that I ask it...too bad I don't speak chick to know if it needs help. My biggest fear is the humidity being too low. I know I can't trust the gauge on my incubator but it refuses to rise over 58%, even with all the wells full of water and a wet cloth.
Here's the egg I'm worried about:
Please...any help would be greatly appreciated