BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › Hands on hatching and help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hands on hatching and help - Page 487

post #4861 of 7451
OK,So I May Or May Not Have An Internal Pip. How do you tell a double yolker/chicken egg on days 19/20, I think I have one, there is this space in one of the eggs, like it's a space between 2 chicks, and both sides move. If it is how do you help a double yolker? When do you help a double yolker. I didn't see this in the beginning because I candled the first day and then I didn't candle till the thirteenth and I saw nothing wrong with it. Let me get a picture to show u what I mean.
:* American Farmer :*
Reply
:* American Farmer :*
Reply
post #4862 of 7451





These are those pictures i said i would get. They are the best i can do, because this is my first seeing anything while candling.
:* American Farmer :*
Reply
:* American Farmer :*
Reply
post #4863 of 7451
Hey my 2nd chick has now pipped through a vein and is bleeding. I don't understand it. This one has had no assistance and seemed to be zipping fine. I came back and blood evwrywhere.. what is going on?
post #4864 of 7451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlamar70 View Post

Hey my 2nd chick has now pipped through a vein and is bleeding. I don't understand it. This one has had no assistance and seemed to be zipping fine. I came back and blood evwrywhere.. what is going on?

Probably broke free&ripped a tiny vessel. It still moving around?
post #4865 of 7451
If it's still in egg let it rest(long as it's beak isint at rest in a puddle) it will probably gather its strength for another 20mins&then free itself 😁your gonna have all sorts of peeps come the am-crow
post #4866 of 7451
I set 20 something AC eggs yesterday, most of them not from my stock. I'm hoping they do well. Also just had the first one from the other eggs that were from a rooster from my eggs over different hens that I picked up at Chickenstock hatch and it's a keeper! Also two lavender silkies.
Breeding Ayam Cemanis, Roman Tufted Geese, and Welsh Harlequin Ducks.

Vermonters, come join us in the Vermont thread!

Clearing Up Rooster Misinformation - Letting Broody Hens Hatch and Raise Chicks - Raising Dubia For Your Chickens
Reply
Breeding Ayam Cemanis, Roman Tufted Geese, and Welsh Harlequin Ducks.

Vermonters, come join us in the Vermont thread!

Clearing Up Rooster Misinformation - Letting Broody Hens Hatch and Raise Chicks - Raising Dubia For Your Chickens
Reply
post #4867 of 7451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleAnimals View Post




These are those pictures i said i would get. They are the best i can do, because this is my first seeing anything while candling.

 

Looks normal to me, though maybe not drawn down enough for day 20.

Have 17 guineas; 2 young turkeys (Blue Slate & Bourbon Red); Japanese, OEG, Sebright bantams; and RIR, BR, and EE.

 

My chicks: Brahma bantams, d'Uccles, Golden Penciled Hamburg, LF and bantam EEs, Anconas, Bielefelders, Marans and Black Australorp. Speckled Sussex and OEGB in the incubator.

 

Another victim of poultry math. Aiming for a designer flock and egg basket :)

Reply

Have 17 guineas; 2 young turkeys (Blue Slate & Bourbon Red); Japanese, OEG, Sebright bantams; and RIR, BR, and EE.

 

My chicks: Brahma bantams, d'Uccles, Golden Penciled Hamburg, LF and bantam EEs, Anconas, Bielefelders, Marans and Black Australorp. Speckled Sussex and OEGB in the incubator.

 

Another victim of poultry math. Aiming for a designer flock and egg basket :)

Reply
post #4868 of 7451
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipAchick View Post

Probably broke free&ripped a tiny vessel. It still moving around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipAchick View Post

If it's still in egg let it rest(long as it's beak isint at rest in a puddle) it will probably gather its strength for another 20mins&then free itself 😁your gonna have all sorts of peeps come the am-crow
Morning. I broke some of the shell away and used a q tip with some water to staunch the bleeding the put a light amount of cornstarch on it to keep it from bleeding again. Worked great. I left both in the incubator until 2 am. No progress and they both were starting to look not so good so I peeled away all the shell and pulled down the membrane gently without cutting it. They both were ready and are doing good now. The first one to pip did have a bloody navel and was so weak I didn't know if it would make it. This morning it's like any other chick smile.png
post #4869 of 7451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlamar70 View Post


Morning. I broke some of the shell away and used a q tip with some water to staunch the bleeding the put a light amount of cornstarch on it to keep it from bleeding again. Worked great. I left both in the incubator until 2 am. No progress and they both were starting to look not so good so I peeled away all the shell and pulled down the membrane gently without cutting it. They both were ready and are doing good now. The first one to pip did have a bloody navel and was so weak I didn't know if it would make it. This morning it's like any other chick smile.png
ya.gif
post #4870 of 7451

Not the best pic but here they are. The lavender one hatched first bu its self the other 2 who i think may be blue but are still not completely fluffed out are the 2 i had to help. I love them lol. smile.pnglove.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › Hands on hatching and help