(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I have been keeping chickens for exactly one year. I am currently waiting (waiting waiting waiting) for my first eggs to hatch. We are on Day 20!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I currently have 16 in my main coop plus 7 in a separate pen. And then the eggs that I pray will hatch.
(3) What breeds do you have? Copper Neck Marans. Splash Marans. Orpingtons, RIR (that I am not sure about as they seem more aggressive). I am looking forward to adding a few turkeys and Guinea Fowl.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? From another site. And I so appreciate all the reading I have been doing here.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Most will understand when my simple answer is we live on and work our farm. That is our hobby, source of income, social world and all the rest. I keep goats.... or perhaps I should say they allow me to wait on them hand and hoof. Chickens. Anything outside when the weather permits!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wonderful husband and we are raising my great nephew. At ten years old he keeps us fairly busy. We have four dogs... 2 mixed breed cuties and 2 Great Pyrenees. We feel blessed everyday.