BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Pigeons and Doves › Wild city pigeon question??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wild city pigeon question?? - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 

Om my gosh, I went to bed last night and checked on her beforehand and she was just sitting by the water bowl. This morning I got up and she way laying in the cage. She passed away during the night :hit. I feel so awful inside, just sick. I mean did I cause this by capturing her and she got so frightened and traumatized she just died?? I feel just awful.


Edited by 4life - 2/23/16 at 5:32am
post #12 of 16
Nooo don't blame yourself!!! Didn't we agree that you should not blame yourself begorehand?!! Like i told yoy, the poor creature was dying.... And it peacefully went away in the warmth of your home! You did much much more than anyone would have done!
Thank you sooo much for caring for the life of that creature! You truly are an amazing person, and you should be proud! I wish i can be there to hug you and thank you!
My advice is to next time let nature take it's course and call specialists if needed... That way you do not feel bad...
Cheers!

Majd
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4life View Post:hit. I feel so awful inside, just sick. I mean did I cause this by capturing her and she got so frightened and traumatized she just died?? I feel just awful.

You went with your instincts and did your best. Capturing her was the best thing that happen to her as of late. The bird was too far gone. Nothing you did caused her demise back yard buddy take it from some one who has raised birds for decades..

Hope this helps,

Check out this link leads to a Video interview on me and my grand daughter done by a local TV Station on our WHITE HOMING PIGEON loft:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1478351/carrier-pigeons-continue-to-connect-family/

If you are not living for something;

You are dying for nothing.

Reply

Hope this helps,

Check out this link leads to a Video interview on me and my grand daughter done by a local TV Station on our WHITE HOMING PIGEON loft:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1478351/carrier-pigeons-continue-to-connect-family/

If you are not living for something;

You are dying for nothing.

Reply
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokum Coco View Post
 

You went with your instincts and did your best. Capturing her was the best thing that happen to her as of late. The bird was too far gone. Nothing you did caused her demise back yard buddy take it from some one who has raised birds for decades..


Thank you for your kind words and support. It is just so sad. I know she is no longer suffering now though.

post #15 of 16
You probably made its passing much more comfortable, as many sick pigeons are targettes by birds of prey and cats, and are torn apart.. Pigeons/rock doves, tane back down extremely easy, and make great loyal pets much like dogs. Rescued ferals years ago would follow me all over town. They are cheap easy clean keepers, especially compared to other birds. mainly hookbills/parrot type birds who poop outward, shell seeds, scream, make a lot of dander, and carry "parrot fever".

keeping assorted bantams and standard chickens..    pigeons: "white dove release" racing homers, flying flights, flying birmingham rollers, parlor rollers, parlor tumblers, "coop tumblers", Chinease owls.

    Looking to talk to others who enjoy our pigeon/dove hobby.  Also looking to talk chickens, especially black bantam true rosecombs i hope to have again someday, as well as silkies, and...

Reply

keeping assorted bantams and standard chickens..    pigeons: "white dove release" racing homers, flying flights, flying birmingham rollers, parlor rollers, parlor tumblers, "coop tumblers", Chinease owls.

    Looking to talk to others who enjoy our pigeon/dove hobby.  Also looking to talk chickens, especially black bantam true rosecombs i hope to have again someday, as well as silkies, and...

Reply
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdog View Post

You probably made its passing much more comfortable, as many sick pigeons are targettes by birds of prey and cats, and are torn apart.. Pigeons/rock doves, tane back down extremely easy, and make great loyal pets much like dogs. Rescued ferals years ago would follow me all over town. They are cheap easy clean keepers, especially compared to other birds. mainly hookbills/parrot type birds who poop outward, shell seeds, scream, make a lot of dander, and carry "parrot fever".


Yes, I agree, they are such beautiful birds. They are actually every intelligent.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pigeons and Doves
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Pigeons and Doves › Wild city pigeon question??