(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I worked on a community farm when I left school aged 16. I took two chickens home and set them up in the outhouse. When my parents came back off vacation they went nuts andtting him made me take them back. When I was at animal care college one of the other students needed a home for her Chinese painted quail as her father had threatened to kill it. I ended up getting him a mate and breeding and incubating the eggs
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Sadly nothing since then. Still want a big space to have dogs, chickens and goats
(3) What breeds do you have?
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I reached out for advice when I heard my neighbour had rescued a feral chicken chick
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm a scuba instructor, I like to swim, play volleyball and foster puppies from the Cayman Human Society
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I sadly do not have pets. I live in a first floor apartment and only being here 10 months don't feel I can commit to pet ownership yet.