Originally Posted by huntingirl
So y'all do witchcrfty things?
I for one am not a pagan. I am a Christian. But I do respect y'all. I'm not one to think I'm better than others and condemn.
I do have some questions tho.
Do y'all know homer made these gods up?
Why do you worship them?
Do you believe they will protect you?
Can you prove it?
Have you always been this way, even as a kid?
What made you want to be this way?
What do your parents think?
Not witchcraft, at least not in my religion.
To answer your questions:
1. I do not believe that Homer made these Gods up. They have been recorded before he wrote of them. This question peeved me a bit, but I'm not sure what you meant by it exactly, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt.
2. I am not sure how to answer this one. I worship them because I believe in them. What else is there to say? Why do you worship Jesus?
3. No. I believe that the Fates have decided when my time will come, and that that is not to be influenced by higher forces.
4. I cannot prove anything. But this could also be asked about any religion.
5. I have always held this belief except for brief periods as an agnostic atheist.
6. Ever since I learned of these Gods, I knew that they were my path. Sounds cheesy and stupid, I know, but I can't find any other way to phrase it.
7. Neither of my parents agree with my views, but they are tolerant and never try to put my religion down. We have never been a religious family.
I hope I answered your questions. I believe that all of them can be asked of any person, of any religion, not just Hellenists.