New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ameraucanas? - Page 2

post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMisha View Post

Which hatchery?

The person I got them from won't tell me because they want to "become their supplier".
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMisha View Post

Which hatchery?

All I know is the varieties that the farm had I bought them from to figure out a "local" hatchery. I suspect True North hatchery since they're nearby and have the same types... but that's just a guess. The people I purchased them from are convinced the brown ones are Ameraucana and have no idea about the black ones after telling them they should have a spot . Just told me that their source didn't have either black star or autralorp so I guess it rules those options out.
Edited by MagikarpKai - 2/28/16 at 8:56pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikarpKai View Post


The person I got them from won't tell me because they want to "become their supplier".

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikarpKai View Post


All I know is the varieties that the farm had I bought them from to figure out a "local" hatchery. I suspect True North hatchery since they're nearby and have the same types... but that's just a guess. The people I purchased them from are convinced the brown ones are Ameraucana and have no idea about the black ones after telling them they should have a spot . Just told me that their source didn't have either black star or autralorp so I guess it rules those options out.


Good lord. It's ridiculous what some people will do to make a buck - it's rather clear they don't know a thing about chickens. I would question whether or not their stock is even sexed; it's pretty common for these kind of unscrupulous dealers to order straight run chicks and sell them as pullets. Personally I wouldn't recommend buying from them again. If they don't know what breeds they're selling they often don't know much of anything else either.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikarpKai View Post


What do you think of these two?




Those do look like Easter Eggers, at least the one on the right, based on that beard. Very weird to see pure black EEs though, not something I've ever encountered before and I've seen maybe 600-700 EE pullets and chicks pass through my workplace since I started working there last year.

200 something birds. 8 species. ♥ Norman ♥ Norma ♥ Misha ♥ and ♥ Taylor ♥ are my babies.
Visit Norman the Rooster's Thread Here!
Breeding Sex Linked Silkies, Gamefowl, and EEs/OEs. Amateur genetics buff. Caponization practitioner/advocate.
Working at The Poultry Palace in Placerville, CA. Come see us for started pullets, chicks, Bar Ale feed, & more!

Reply

200 something birds. 8 species. ♥ Norman ♥ Norma ♥ Misha ♥ and ♥ Taylor ♥ are my babies.
Visit Norman the Rooster's Thread Here!
Breeding Sex Linked Silkies, Gamefowl, and EEs/OEs. Amateur genetics buff. Caponization practitioner/advocate.
Working at The Poultry Palace in Placerville, CA. Come see us for started pullets, chicks, Bar Ale feed, & more!

Reply
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMisha View Post



Good lord. It's ridiculous what some people will do to make a buck - it's rather clear they don't know a thing about chickens. I would question whether or not their stock is even sexed; it's pretty common for these kind of unscrupulous dealers to order straight run chicks and sell them as pullets. Personally I wouldn't recommend buying from them again. If they don't know what breeds they're selling they often don't know much of anything else either.



Those do look like Easter Eggers, at least the one on the right, based on that beard. Very weird to see pure black EEs though, not something I've ever encountered before and I've seen maybe 600-700 EE pullets and chicks pass through my workplace since I started working there last year.

Thanks for your help. I'll try to remember to post when they're bigger and we can see what they happen to be! I've already let the sellers know, so hopefully they'll put in some research next time... and hopefully I'll be more wary lol
Edited by MagikarpKai - 2/28/16 at 9:26pm
post #15 of 17

I mentioned on another post that those black ones look like my backyard flock black sexlinks. Mine are Easter Egger rooster crossed with Barred Rock hens. 

 

This is what mine grow up to look like.

All of my pullets from these hatches lay blue or green.

post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebuggena View Post

I mentioned on another post that those black ones look like my backyard flock black sexlinks. Mine are Easter Egger rooster crossed with Barred Rock hens. 





This is what mine grow up to look like.


All of my pullets from these hatches lay blue or green.

Wow they grow up to be very beautiful! It's a very good possibility that's what they might be. I really like how they look.
Edited by MagikarpKai - 2/29/16 at 10:14am
post #17 of 17

EE's =)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: What Breed Or Gender is This?