Edited by Slange16 - 3/4/16 at 2:48pm
Duck Having seizures...daughters therapy pet...please help - Page 7
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickens
- Poop Inspector
Did you know that that's one of the signs of dehydration?
I thought this was helpful
% of Dehydration Clinical Signs in Birds and Reptiles
- Not detectable
5% - 6%
- Subtle loss of skin elasticity
- Tenting of skin
7% - 10%
- Loss of brightness around eyes
- Slow upper eye-lid turgor
- Dry, ropy mucous membranes
- Thick, pasty urates.
10% - 12%
- Tented skin stands in place
- Muddy color to scales of feet, cool extremities
- Dry mucous membranes
- Rapid heart rate Depressed
- No urates at all
12% - 15%
- Definite signs of shock, extreme depression
- Near death
@miss lydia don't you use Brewers yeast?
Yes It's 1 Tab to 1 cup of feed.
I only have one duck and have never heard of doing this until I read the articles. The guy at the feed store didn't seem to know anything about ducks and didn't know any answers to our questions. If it wasn't for this group I wouldn't of known what to do. The vet has not had much experience with anything but four pawed friends, so we are actually sharing with him what this group has shared.
Yes. This is Human grade Brewers yeast right?