BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Ducks › IncuView for Incubating Duck Eggs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IncuView for Incubating Duck Eggs - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Hope this works. Here's some baby pictures😊
post #12 of 15
They're adorable ducklings!


Most of their adult pictures are on my other phone. So I only have a couple.

They're always following me 😊
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacsmom View Post

They're adorable ducklings!


Most of their adult pictures are on my other phone. So I only have a couple.

They're always following me 😊

They are so cute and grew up SO pretty.  Sounds like we are in the same boat, except you are way more familiar with ducks than me. I am worried about shipped eggs to but we are going to give it a go.  I have read hatch rates from 20% - 90%.... so what am I suppose to do with that info and planning.  I really want a chocolate male.  

 

I have a first set (30) chicken eggs in the incubator now, hatch due March 31.  It seems to be going fine.  Some are clearly developing; others I don't think were even fertile (we purchased some eggs from a farmers market to test the fertility of different store bought eggs.  It is her science fair project for next year but we wanted to make sure it would work in advance). I am hoping to start the duck eggs around April 1-4th sometime.  There is an Ancona Duck Facebook page that has great breeder info too.  If you would like the info just let me know and I will pass it along.

 

I hope you post updates on how your search and hatching goes.  It will be nice to be incubating with someone else new to it. 

Humans (4) - Me, Adventurous Husband, Go-Getting Daughter and a Son that communicates with all animals

Dogs (2) - Miniature Pinscher and Plott Hound    Cat (1) - A greige Tortie/Tabby

Chickens (25) - Brabanters, Spitzhauben, Barred Rock, Welsummers, Buff Orp, Easter Eggers, Gold Sex Links

Ducks (4) - Anconas, more coming 6/5     Beehives (1) - Italian Honeybees, more to come

Reply

Humans (4) - Me, Adventurous Husband, Go-Getting Daughter and a Son that communicates with all animals

Dogs (2) - Miniature Pinscher and Plott Hound    Cat (1) - A greige Tortie/Tabby

Chickens (25) - Brabanters, Spitzhauben, Barred Rock, Welsummers, Buff Orp, Easter Eggers, Gold Sex Links

Ducks (4) - Anconas, more coming 6/5     Beehives (1) - Italian Honeybees, more to come

Reply
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahmendez View Post

They are so cute and grew up SO pretty.  Sounds like we are in the same boat, except you are way more familiar with ducks than me. I am worried about shipped eggs to but we are going to give it a go.  I have read hatch rates from 20% - 90%.... so what am I suppose to do with that info and planning.  I really want a chocolate male.  

I have a first set (30) chicken eggs in the incubator now, hatch due March 31.  It seems to be going fine.  Some are clearly developing; others I don't think were even fertile (we purchased some eggs from a farmers market to test the fertility of different store bought eggs.  It is her science fair project for next year but we wanted to make sure it would work in advance). I am hoping to start the duck eggs around April 1-4th sometime.  There is an Ancona Duck Facebook page that has great breeder info too.  If you would like the info just let me know and I will pass it along.

I hope you post updates on how your search and hatching goes.  It will be nice to be incubating with someone else new to it. 

I will let you know how this hatch goes. I bought some welsh harlequin eggs from a local lady to, sort of check how it goes. I threw in the dozen eggs I had from my girls, as they had just started laying with the warmer weather. Unfortunately only four of their eggs were fertile and are developing correctly. They're due to hatch May 30th. I'm so excited to be a ducky grandmother 😊. I really want a chocolate drake as well. I read if I breed him with my girls, the females from their clutches will be chocolate. The males will be black but carry the chocolate gene. I just want to look out and see a rainbow of ducks 😂
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacsmom View Post


I will let you know how this hatch goes. I bought some welsh harlequin eggs from a local lady to, sort of check how it goes. I threw in the dozen eggs I had from my girls, as they had just started laying with the warmer weather. Unfortunately only four of their eggs were fertile and are developing correctly. They're due to hatch May 30th. I'm so excited to be a ducky grandmother 😊. I really want a chocolate drake as well. I read if I breed him with my girls, the females from their clutches will be chocolate. The males will be black but carry the chocolate gene. I just want to look out and see a rainbow of ducks 😂

I have placed my order for Ancona eggs!  I went with 18 eggs, even though I still wonder if I should have done 24.  I should start them April 2-4th depending on final shipping and logistics and all that jazz.  I know what you mean about colors.  I ordered from somewhere that has all color ducks and they lay blue, green and white eggs.  I just think that makes good odds that i can get a chocolate drake, a black female, and two other recessive colored females.  

 

I started with 30 chicken eggs and 18 appear to be fertile. (They are a science project for my daughter comparing 18 Farmers Market eggs fertility to 12 Microfarm egg fertility.  The score is now 6 - 12 respectively.  It really is all about where you get your eggs from.  They are due 3/31 - 4/1 (either really late night or really early morning).  

 

Congrats on beinga ducky grandmother.  I can't wait to read about your progress. Keep me updated if you have any.

Humans (4) - Me, Adventurous Husband, Go-Getting Daughter and a Son that communicates with all animals

Dogs (2) - Miniature Pinscher and Plott Hound    Cat (1) - A greige Tortie/Tabby

Chickens (25) - Brabanters, Spitzhauben, Barred Rock, Welsummers, Buff Orp, Easter Eggers, Gold Sex Links

Ducks (4) - Anconas, more coming 6/5     Beehives (1) - Italian Honeybees, more to come

Reply

Humans (4) - Me, Adventurous Husband, Go-Getting Daughter and a Son that communicates with all animals

Dogs (2) - Miniature Pinscher and Plott Hound    Cat (1) - A greige Tortie/Tabby

Chickens (25) - Brabanters, Spitzhauben, Barred Rock, Welsummers, Buff Orp, Easter Eggers, Gold Sex Links

Ducks (4) - Anconas, more coming 6/5     Beehives (1) - Italian Honeybees, more to come

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ducks
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Ducks › IncuView for Incubating Duck Eggs