I used on my girls when they were in elementary school. The outbreak was so bad that they came home with lice 3 times in two months. I couldn't subject them to any more nerve poison. My brain remembered reading that people long time ago used ammonia to treat for lice and that ammonia was used in most hair dyes. One daughter didn't want to change her hair color and the other wanted to gain back some of the baby blonde that had darkened to brown. DD1 who didn't change her color went to school and no one even noticed anything except there were no nits in her hair. Had a littel more discussion about DD2 who slightly changed the color. They wanted to argue with me that it didn't work and that I must use the poison. I told them to get the school nurse to check and see if she could find any lice or nits. They couldn't and since it was not a wild color change or an unnatural color they had to accept it.
at this point just a waiting game... :(