Originally Posted by Balloonjuice
Love it! Hippie engineering at its finest.
I LOVE Hippie Engineering. We have lots around the house! Have you seem my brooder?
Old Base Cabinet
Old TV Cabinet
Left over PVC
Chain and Eye Hooks
5 Gallon Paint Buckets, the ones you keep wishing you could take to the dump
This brooder is PERFECT for our family!
- It is side opening so our chicks are frightened.
- It is low to the ground so our kids can take care of the chicks as part of their chores. But, it can easily be put on saw horses to make it adult height.
- It is easy to clean and able to be used for lots of chicks and hatchings.
- The TV cabinet on the LEFT side is a clinic. There is space for sick chicks and all the medical supplies one needs. Extra lamps, droppers, gloves, purple stuff for wounds, electrolytes, marbles and more more more.
- The "clinic" and "cabinet brooder" are put together so chicks can see and interact with each other safely through hardware cloth. This makes it super easy to integrate different age chicks and get then To Know Each Other.
- The Light Bar is adjustable height and I can put TONS of lights on it. I have maxed as 3 heat lamps so far.
- Can be divided easily with cardboard or hardware cloth
- IT WAS CHEAP
Edited by mamahmendez - 4/8/16 at 9:11am