I noticed some black/white mold around the sides of our nest boxes today. I think we must have some rainwater coming in when opening the nest boxes for cleaning access or for egg checking.
What would be the best way to deal with it without overreacting? 1. Clean with vinegar or with bleach and let it air out (Is bleach chicken safe?) 2) Hire a professional to deal with it (and board the chickens) or 3) scrap the coop as contaminated? Considered it's a prefabbed one, this coop has done a remarkably good job of keeping the chickens safe and dry during some nasty weather. That being said, I don't want it to keep it if it's going to be a health issue.