New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help!

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
HELP! QUESTION!!! We had planned that our eggs were due to hatch on Wednesday. We weren't going to turn them anymore after last night! When we went to turn them 2 have broken through but the hole is facing the bottom of the incubator. In the past they have always pipped upward! Should I leave them be? Or should I turn them even though they are zipping so they the initial hole is facing upward???
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer9498 View Post

HELP! QUESTION!!! We had planned that our eggs were due to hatch on Wednesday. We weren't going to turn them anymore after last night! When we went to turn them 2 have broken through but the hole is facing the bottom of the incubator. In the past they have always pipped upward! Should I leave them be? Or should I turn them even though they are zipping so they the initial hole is facing upward???

If they are zipping without a problem, I would leave them be, but woud get that humidity up. If they are only pipped I would up the humidity and turn them over, (not because it's neccessary, but because I'm a meddler and can't stand not knowing what is going on.)


Edited by AmyLynn2374 - 3/14/16 at 7:02am

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Ok thanks! Without being able to see them I can't tell what's going on. The membranes looks very dry to me compared to the last time we incubated sad.png
(
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer9498 View Post

Ok thanks! Without being able to see them I can't tell what's going on. The membranes looks very dry to me compared to the last time we incubated sad.png
(

Yes it does. I would pull it out and moisten the membrane with a wet q-tip or a little bacitracin.

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post

Yes it does. I would pull it out and moisten the membrane with a wet q-tip or a little bacitracin.
Thanks. I moistened them so we will see how they progress. 6 of the 12 are in progress.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs