Hello! I have been interested in having a backyard flock of chickens for years. In the past 2-3 months I have gotten very serious about realizing this dream. I have read several posts form this site as well as books. After a recent trip to the feed store, my husband is on board, too! So, here we go on our adventure! :)
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? New to chickens!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? The feed store is getting a new shipment on Thursday. We plan to be there first thing in the morning to get 4 chicks. :)
(3) What breeds do you have? We are getting 2 Buff Orpingtons & 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? an online search
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I also have a backyard garden. I love to cook, bake, and paint.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have been married to the love of my life for 8 years. We have a 6 year old and a 3 1/2 year old son, 2 fish, & 2 cats. We're excited to add 4 chicks to the mix! :)