New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bloody poop - Page 4

post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrooke View Post
 

That looks like a normal cecal poop to me. :) Every eight to 10 poops, an oily-looking poop will appear. Totally normal.

 

Your vet can run a test on a fecal float to confirm the presence of cocci or any other parasite your chickens might have.

 

Since Corid is a really gentle medication, you could run it through your flock's water every now and again as a preventative. :)

 

Hope that helps!

 

MrsB

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks MrsB!   I have some Corid, so I will start with that. Hopefully it will clear her up. She is the only one with this issue, and I would like it to stay that way! I have noticed the run has a lot of these runny, dark looking spots all over it, and I really don't want the others getting it too.

post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrooke View Post
 

That looks like a normal cecal poop to me. :) Every eight to 10 poops, an oily-looking poop will appear. Totally normal.

 

Your vet can run a test on a fecal float to confirm the presence of cocci or any other parasite your chickens might have.

 

Since Corid is a really gentle medication, you could run it through your flock's water every now and again as a preventative. :)

 

Hope that helps!

 

MrsB


X2 for MrsBrooke


Edited by Wyorp Rock - 5/13/16 at 3:27pm
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowldy45 View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks MrsB!   I have some Corid, so I will start with that. Hopefully it will clear her up. She is the only one with this issue, and I would like it to stay that way! I have noticed the run has a lot of these runny, dark looking spots all over it, and I really don't want the others getting it too.

 

You will still see these types of poops... Cecal poops are totally normal, and all chickens have them every day for their entire lives.

 

You can ALSO see "coral urates." Chickens shed parts of their intestinal lining... It shows up most often in over-night poops.

 

What you DON'T want to see is something more like liquid or jelly BLOOD. You'll just get a bad feeling in your stomach when you see it.

 

But Corid as a preventative is a good idea!

 

Some cecals poops are mustard-yellow, some are chocolate, some are almost black (like your photo), some are dense and oily, some are creamier... It's weird, but you'll see what I mean if you study their poops enough.... which I do... I may have an issue. XD

 

MrsB


Edited by MrsBrooke - 5/13/16 at 6:27pm

Australorp Chickens | Nigerian Dwarf and mini-Alpine Goats | American Blue Rabbits

 

"If not now, when?"

 

Luke 22:36

Then said He unto them,

“But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it

and likewise his pack; and he that hath no sword,

let him sell his garment and buy one."

 

How I lost 70 lbs (and kept it off!): www.marksdailyapple.com

Reply

Australorp Chickens | Nigerian Dwarf and mini-Alpine Goats | American Blue Rabbits

 

"If not now, when?"

 

Luke 22:36

Then said He unto them,

“But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it

and likewise his pack; and he that hath no sword,

let him sell his garment and buy one."

 

How I lost 70 lbs (and kept it off!): www.marksdailyapple.com

Reply
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrooke View Post

You will still see these types of poops... Cecal poops are totally normal, and all chickens have them every day for their entire lives.

You can ALSO see "coral urates." Chickens shed parts of their intestinal lining... It shows up most often in over-night poops.

What you DON'T want to see is something more like liquid or jelly BLOOD. You'll just get a bad feeling in your stomach when you see it.

But Corid as a preventative is a good idea!

Some cecals poops are mustard-yellow, some are chocolate, some are almost black (like your photo), some are dense and oily, some are creamier... It's weird, but you'll see what I mean if you study their poops enough.... which I do... I may have an issue. XD

MrsB

LOL MrsB....if you have an issue then I do too! smile.png I am learning that much like parrots(which is my prior experience) you can learn much from examining poop! Some of the best indications of health or illness show up first in poop. Maybe I am the one with real issues since I will be examine both chicken and parrot poop! LOL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home