New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No food

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
WHat could I feed them other than starter feed
Edited by chicken24 - 3/17/16 at 3:59pm
post #2 of 9

Scrambled eggs or boiled and smashed eggs should get them through the night.

 

How long will you end up being out of food?

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hens-incharge View Post

Scrambled eggs or boiled and smashed eggs should get them through the night.

How long will you end up being out of food?
Until Saturday
post #4 of 9

Corn meal will work in a pinch. You might want to soak it if you don't have any grit available. 

Rachel BB

Stem cell transplant from unrelated donor in Feb 2015. Thank you to all my friends here on BYC for all your support during my treatment and ongoing recovery!

Reply

Rachel BB

Stem cell transplant from unrelated donor in Feb 2015. Thank you to all my friends here on BYC for all your support during my treatment and ongoing recovery!

Reply
post #5 of 9

Cornmeal and mashed up egg should get you through that long.

 

I hope today finds them all well.

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hens-incharge View Post

Cornmeal and mashed up egg should get you through that long.

I hope today finds them all well.
They died and one failed to thrive
post #7 of 9

That is a shame.
Did they have a heat lamp to keep warm with or was it simply out of food that was the issue?

 

If you choose to try again be sure to stock up just like if you were bringing home a human baby. Make a check list and check it twice.

post #8 of 9
How old were they? I would have to agree. Prior to bringing chicks home you should definitely have supplies handy if running out means not being able to get them in a pinch:(
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hens-incharge View Post

That is a shame.

Did they have a heat lamp to keep warm with or was it simply out of food that was the issue?

If you choose to try again be sure to stock up just like if you were bringing home a human baby. Make a check list and check it twice.
Yea but there Cornish rocks they need to get fed a lot aka enough
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Raising Baby Chicks