BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Raising Baby Chicks › Your new chick routine?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your new chick routine? - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Maybe that's what we will do smile.png just skin them and not have to worry about the plucking 😩
I much rather know where my food is coming from.
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
When do you guys start parasite prevention? (For mites, lice, etc) What do you use and how often?
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessivogel View Post

When do you guys start parasite prevention? (For mites, lice, etc) What do you use and how often?


I don't use preventatives, I am of the opinion unless they are in a place that is not ideal a healthy chicken should be able to keep lice/worms in check. But if I have a problem, I use Permectrin for lice and Rooster booster multi wormer for worms. (not using again, worked great but it is being withdrawn)

-Banti

post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BantyChooks View Post


I don't use preventatives, I am of the opinion unless they are in a place that is not ideal a healthy chicken should be able to keep lice/worms in check. But if I have a problem, I use Permectrin for lice and Rooster booster multi wormer for worms. (not using again, worked great but it is being withdrawn)
-Banti

Do you use wormer on a regular basis? Or just when needed?
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessivogel View Post


Do you use wormer on a regular basis? Or just when needed?

Nope, as needed.

-Banti

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Raising Baby Chicks
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Raising Baby Chicks › Your new chick routine?