BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying › Why isnt my hens laying eggs???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why isnt my hens laying eggs???

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Its been 3 days since my 3 hens layed any eggs. I have 1 rooster i for all 3 of them. I let them free range alot also. Please help me figure out the problem
post #2 of 7
How old are they? Are you certain they are not hiding their eggs somewhere? When mine suddenly stop laying i start searching the yard for a clutch of eggs. They can be sneaky.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicFarmWife View Post

How old are they? Are you certain they are not hiding their eggs somewhere? When mine suddenly stop laying i start searching the yard for a clutch of eggs. They can be sneaky.
i bought them off someone so i dont know their age and no they arent hiding their eggs i have check every where and i couldnt find any eggs
post #4 of 7

Did you just recently acquire them? Could it be that your rooster is stressing them too much with his 'attentions'?

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebuggena View Post

Did you just recently acquire them? Could it be that your rooster is stressing them too much with his 'attentions'?
i just recently got two of them the first one i had was laying perfect untill i brought the 2 other one now none og them are laying and sorry im a new a rasing chickens
post #6 of 7

It's very normal for hens to stop laying when there are big changes to their living environment. A new home, and new flock members are two big stressors. It can take several weeks for them to adjust and start laying again.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebuggena View Post

It's very normal for hens to stop laying when there are big changes to their living environment. A new home, and new flock members are two big stressors. It can take several weeks for them to adjust and start laying again.
ohh ok thank tou very much
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying › Why isnt my hens laying eggs???