1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
Hilda is a two(ish) year old Delaware hen. She is a healthy weight, neither too heavy or too light.
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
Laying extremely thin-shelled eggs or eggs with no shell, just the membrane. One egg she laid was a perfectly formed egg inside of another membrane.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
About six weeks.
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
All the other hens are laying normally.
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
Nothing visibly wrong. She seems to be very healthy, except for the eggs.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
None that I know of. She is not beginning layer, is not stressed, and gets plenty of calcium.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
She's been eating and drinking normally. She is fed layer pellets supplemented with scratch, free-choice oyster shells, and anything she finds free-ranging half the day.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
Nothing. I thought it might just be a "hiccup" in her system, but apparently not.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
No vets around here will see chickens, so it'll be up to me.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
Coop with large attached run, but free-ranges part of the day.
Any ideas? She doesn't seem affected by it, but her eggs break and get the other eggs sticky. I don't want any of them to start eating eggs. Thanks for any help!