1. Buff Orpington, 3 to 4 years old
2. She walks slower than usual and her head is lower when she walks. Her feathers look weird to me. They don't look smooth. I don't know if it's all in my head but she looks like a stressed out lady with messy hair. She has a poopy bottom. Her comb is fallen to the side. Her back feathers appear moldy at the tips. She has black spots on her comb.
3. A few weeks
4. Some of the other chickens have black spots on their combs but that's the only symptom they share with this hen. There are 13 chickens in all.
5. No sign of bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma, as far as I can see.
6. A few weeks ago, it rained for a few days. When I would see her, she looked damp (right hand side of image) but the other chickens looked dry. No one is around in the evening to see how she's treated. In the morning, she doesn't appear to be picked on.
7. She eats Nutrena Country Feed Layer 16% Crumble and drinks water. I saw her eat and drink today. They all drink out of the same waterer.
8. He poop that I saw today and took a picture of, was mostly white.
9. No treatment so far
10. I'd like to treat her myself.
(note the possible mold on tail feathers)
12. The chicken's space is made up of 3 areas: their coop (48 sqft) is attached to an enclosure (60 sqft) which has a door that leads to the run (324 sqft). Just last week, we started to leave the enclosure door open. What normally happened is that we would open the enclosure door in the morning and put the chickens back in the afternoon. We use straw bedding for the entire space. The only space that has a roof is the coop.
Hope someone can help me help her!