New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Decision time..

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
Im hoping someone on here can help me. Long story short, I have 6 chicks left out of 18. Respiratory virus hit them hard. The 6 I have left that survived have been symptom free for over 3 weeks. It's getting close to time that they are ready to be outside. Question is, would it be safe to add them to my flock? They have been quarantined from day one. I just don't want to take any chances on hurting my existing flocks health.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
post #2 of 3
Hello! From my understanding it is a minimum of 3 weeks symptom free.
Here is a thread that talks about it
http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1010187/when-to-return-previously-sick-chicken-back-to-flock#post_15645078
If this is already obvious to you I apologize, but be sure you put your chick's in a cage or seperate space. They need to be able to see each other but not be able to touch. For a week before you let them loose with your flock.
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
Thank you for the response. I should have know there was a previous thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home