so my husband finally agreed to let me start raising chicks and having laying hens.
I'm so excited!!!!
the only problem is I am a newbie to all of this and i need some expert advice!
1. what are the best breed for a beginner?
2. a super cute diy brooder idea?
3. if keeping your chicks inside is not an option how to keep them safe?
4. how often to feed laying hens/chicks?
5. is a roo required for hens to lay?
on to the part where you want to know a bit about me....
i am on the yound side! i am in my early 20's. however i am a stay at home wife with three dogs and i babysit my niece and nephew so this would not only be for me but an education tool as well! trying to teach responsibility and how to take car of yourself and self sustain. as well as i love fresh eggs!
all your comments and information will be greatly appreciated!!