New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breed and Gender?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Does anyone have an opinion as to what breed or gender my chick might be this early on? What I bought was labeled as a "breeder's choice pullet". A few people believed it to be a Black Sex Link. The first pic was taken the day I purchased her/it, and the other pics 2 weeks later.  So I believe it to be about 3 weeks old? I'm questioning the gender because the base of the comb is starting to pink up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 8

Its a rooster. Not sure what breed but whoever told you it was a BSL is wrong. Definitely not a BSL.

post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftfarmer22 View Post
 

Its a rooster. Not sure what breed but whoever told you it was a BSL is wrong. Definitely not a BSL.


x2

post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 

Awww, I'm so sad that it's a rooster, they're are not allowed where we live :(  Thank you so much for your help.

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5KajChicks View Post
 

Awww, I'm so sad that it's a rooster, they're are not allowed where we live :(  Thank you so much for your help.


Ahh, that sucks! :(

post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 

I have 4 other chicks, 3 of them about a week older, 1 a week younger (I originally bought three, but my husband built a coop that could easily accommodate 6, so I added 2). Do you think it's too late at this point to add 1 more chick?  I know I don't have a accommodations to integrate chickens down the road. But if I could still add another right now, I would be interested in doing that.

 

We're brand new at this, so please excuse me if this is a silly question. There is so much conflicting information out there, but I've found these forums to be the most consistent.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5KajChicks View Post

I have 4 other chicks, 3 of them about a week older, 1 a week younger (I originally bought three, but my husband built a coop that could easily accommodate 6, so I added 2). Do you think it's too late at this point to add 1 more chick?  I know I don't have a accommodations to integrate chickens down the road. But if I could still add another right now, I would be interested in doing that.

We're brand new at this, so please excuse me if this is a silly question. There is so much conflicting information out there, but I've found these forums to be the most consistent.

No, I say go for it! But I might suggest getting 2 more instead of one so your new chick doesn't feel left out.. But I'm sure you'll be fine!
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 

No one will have to twist my arm to get 2 more!! :)  Thanks again!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: What Breed Or Gender is This?