My name is Carrie and my boyfriend Jason and I live in Southwest Virginia on the New River. Some friends of ours bought 2 baby ducklings from Tractor Supply about 2 months ago and since we live on the river they asked if we wanted them, and of course I couldn't refuse! I have been doing a ton of research about raising ducklings over the last week and I'm so excited to start our new duck family. I am going to be building the duck coop this weekend!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No Chickens here, but I am new to ducks! We picked up our babies yesterday. They are about 2 months old.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 2 ducklings.
(3) What breeds do you have?
We have Peking ducks.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was researching information on how to raise ducklings and this was a great resource.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We enjoy being on the river, camping, bluegrass music, and spending time with friends
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 3 dogs: Malus (13 yrs), Five-0 (4 yrs), and Chouli (4 months). We love living in the Blue Ridge Mountains.