post #11 of 11
Originally Posted by FiveMileFarmer View Post

Oh yea, and what are saddle feathers? Did you mean sickle feathers? Or, if not, can you tell me what saddle feathers are? THANK YOU!!!
saddle feathers (refer to ftfarmer22's photo) are the feathers that point downwards behind the wings. sickle feathers are the tail feathers if they are curved in the the shape of a sickle.
hackle feathers are ont he neck... generally if it is a rooster, the hackle feathers are more ponted than rounded.