New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PVC Chicken Waterer

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I want to make one of these? Has anyone made one? If so, was it easy to make and how long does it last before needing refilled?

http://m.instructables.com/id/PVC-Chicken-Waterer-1/?utm_content=buffer06c95&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer


Edited by Tika75 - 4/7/16 at 7:29pm
My girls names are: Celestia, Nightmare Moon, Torchic and we lost Alucard. That's right they are from My Little Pony, Pokeman, and Hellsing.
Reply
My girls names are: Celestia, Nightmare Moon, Torchic and we lost Alucard. That's right they are from My Little Pony, Pokeman, and Hellsing.
Reply
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tika75 View Post

I want to make one of these? Has anyone made one? If so, was it easy to make and how long does it last before needing refilled?

http://m.instructables.com/id/PVC-Chicken-Waterer-1/?utm_content=buffer06c95&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I have made one it does not look exactly like that but close. If you go on Ebay you can buy the cups with the "Y" connectors for cheap like $12. I made mine with 1/2" PVC up to a 5 gallon bucket. I drilled a 3/4" hole in the bucket slipped the PVC pipe in and then glued a 1/2" connector so it would stay in the bucket and be water tight. It works really well. My 5 week old chick are at the point now they peck it and water comes out. It is so nice not to have to clean a water bucket out every day. There are a few tutorials on Youtube and Pinterest. 

post #3 of 6

I wish, I had one of those.  I hope it works out for you.

post #4 of 6
How well do the cups work? I got chicken nipple but haven't been able to cut out leaks. Was thinking about hanging a 5 gallon bucket and putting in some of those cups.
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbeam21 View Post
 

I wish, I had one of those.  I hope it works out for you.

I hope to get one built before summer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTsary View Post

How well do the cups work? I got chicken nipple but haven't been able to cut out leaks. Was thinking about hanging a 5 gallon bucket and putting in some of those cups.

I'm worried about leaks too.

My girls names are: Celestia, Nightmare Moon, Torchic and we lost Alucard. That's right they are from My Little Pony, Pokeman, and Hellsing.
Reply
My girls names are: Celestia, Nightmare Moon, Torchic and we lost Alucard. That's right they are from My Little Pony, Pokeman, and Hellsing.
Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTsary View Post

How well do the cups work? I got chicken nipple but haven't been able to cut out leaks. Was thinking about hanging a 5 gallon bucket and putting in some of those cups.

The nipples leak maybe not at first but they will after a little while and from everything I have seen they make a mess. The cups are great, the only time there has been a mess is when I overfilled the bucket. I have seen people put them right in a 5 gallon bucket and set the bucket on a block the only reason I did not do that is I did not want them roosting on top of the bucket because you have to drill holes so the water will flow down the pipe.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feeding & Watering Your Flock